Sunday, August 31, 2008

What I learned from Beth Moore Weekend

OK, so I think that maybe I am ready to post about what I learned this past weekend from the Beth Moore conference.

Beth spoke on being an Heiress of God. She gave 8 points with scripture back up that are listed below, but what I learned was not at the conference, but on the drive home when I opened the "New Every Morning " devo that I picked up. Amanda Jones wrote the forward for this book, and what really spoke to me was how daily quiet time with the Lord is of the utmost importance to Beth. You see I have not had daily morning quite time with my Father. I have ask over and over for Him to rearrange my day so that I could have time with Him. My problem as He so kindly pointed out was that I was not willing to help by using the flexibility allowed at my job to come in later than 7 am. I wanted my way, and expected Him to figure out how to work with that. God really spoke to me that I needed to go into work later, and spend time with Him. So I have adjusted my schedule, and I now spend time with Him of a morning. I can not believe the difference that this has made in the way my day goes, and how I feel. One of the things that I had to give up was car pooling. I now have my quiet time, finish dressing and spend the ten minute drive in on praise and worship. I can just imagine how people must be looking at me singing at the top of lungs with hands lifted at every stop light, and one hand constantly in the air the whole drive.

It has amazed me that we were all in the same building listening to the same gifted Woman of God, and we all got such different views. God spoke to each of us right where we are. Isn't He good like that. He gave each of us just what we needed to hear, whether it was at the conference, from people that we were there with, or on the ride home. He met every need that we thought we had, and some that we were not even aware of.

Psalm 16:5-6 were the focal scripture for the weekend. Here it is in the ESV

5The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot.
6 The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance.

1. I am an Heir of God-my life is not left to chance. Romans 8:28

2. I am an Heir of God-I am inheriting a kingdom. Matthew 25:34

3. I am an Heir of God-He is my portion Psalm 16 Deuteronomy 10:8-9 and I am His Deuteronomy 4:20, 32:9 Ephesians 1:18, Ephesians 1:11-14

4. I am an Heir of God-the down payment has been made. Romans 8:18

5. I am an Heir of G0d-my boundaries lines forms a pleasing place. Psalm 16:5-6

6. I am an Heir of God-the will has been activated. Hebrews 9:15-17

7. I am an Heir of God-I can be secure. Galatians 3:29, 4:7

8. I am an Heir of God-I have a beautiful inheritance. Isaiah 61:1-3

So there you have it, what I learned from the Beth Moore Weekend. And I am still chewing on what I am getting by bending.

Sallye

No comments: