Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Chapter One Study Questions

Father G-d, Thank you for this day. Thank you for the time spend in fellowship with the members of Freedom Fellowship. Thank you for the word that was taught tonight, and thank you for showing me that I am a gossip, slanderer, talebearer, and the remaining seven deadly sins of the tongue. Father, I come before and I ask you humbly to forgive me of my sins. Father, I have chosen the world today over you. Father forgive me for remaining silent when I should have spoken up, and forgive me for jumping in the middle of Rusty, and chewing and cussing him for the actions of his mother. Father how is it that I could come from a lesson that just dealt with the words of our mouth and let such ugly ones out of mine. Guess I did not ask for that muzzle in time. Father please show me another way. Father thank you that Your word promises that if I ask for forgiveness from my sins that you are just and fair to forgive them. Father as I work on What Happens when women say yes to G-d, that you will loose the Holy Spirit to instruct me. Father I bind any hindrance from allow me to hear you and be alert, and loose awareness and attentiveness. Thank you for all that You are. In the power of Jesus name I pray, Amen.

Chapter One Study Questions.

Did the story about the man on the airplane and giving him the Bible inspire you? How?
No, I was just wondering if She ever got the Bible back. I do not think that I am to the point of evangelism, I am still working on just hearing G-d and saying yes to Him. I know that evangelism is suppose to be a natural part of my salvation, I am suppose to want to tell everyone about the one that saved me, and I will, but sometimes I think that salvation gets in the way of ministry, and I had rather see G-d minister to an open gaping wound, then see G-d ignore the wound to make sure the person has made a profession of faith. How can a profession have feet if the wound is left open and gaping?

What is holding you back from going deeper in your relationship with G-d?

Time

Intimidation

Not feeling like the Bible applies to your everyday life

Seems to hard

Comment on one or more of the above or another thing you sense holding you back. Me, I am not giving G-d my all in any area of my life, and until I surrender to Him totally, I can move no further.

Read Psalm 19:7-10

7-9 The revelation of God is whole and pulls our lives together. The signposts of God are clear and point out the right road. The life-maps of God are right, showing the way to joy. The directions of God are plain and easy on the eyes. God's reputation is twenty-four-carat gold, with a lifetime guarantee. The decisions of God are accurate down to the nth degree. 10 God's Word is better than a diamond, better than a diamond set between emeralds. You'll like it better than strawberries in spring, better than red, ripe strawberries.

List what the above promises about G-d's Word. It's whole and pulls our lives together, it's the signpost and points out the right road, the life-maps, showing the way to joy. Plain and easy on the eyes, twenty-four-cart gold, lifetime guarantee. Accurate, better than a diamond, better that a diamond between emeralds, like strawberries in spring, better than red ripe strawberries in spring. G-d just brought to my mind the add on tv where the two women are eating yogurt at a wedding reception and talking about how much better the yogurt is than most other things.

Why would we be lackadaisical about the most eternally significant relationship there is? Because it is very hard to have a relationship with someone you can not now nor at any time been able to see, hear, touch, or smell, because I am a very physical person. I like to touch. I am not know for my faithfulness to my family, I am selfish.

Read Deuteronomy 6:5 Amplified Bible

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your [mind and] heart and with your entire being and with all your might.

Think I will stop here, review and rethink. I hope to work on this while I am gone.

No comments: