Monday, April 21, 2008

New watch scripture

New watch scripture God has given me is Luke 1:4 [My purpose is] that you may know the full truth and understand with certainty and security against error the accounts (histories) and doctrines of the faith of which you have been informed and in which you have been orally instructed.

I have heard this scripture before either at the Joyce Meyer Conference or on the CD we listened to on the way home. I am discovering that I can not be a Jew and a Christian at the same time. It just doesn't work for me. I have several friends that can blend the two and have a beautiful, single walk, but then I know others that it doesn't work so well for me included. I have used the jewish side to hide behind and to find fault with brothers and sisters in Christ that did not believe the way I do. God is bringing me back to the begining and telling me that I need to understand that Jesus was a jew along with all of his apostles and Paul, but that is it. I am not a jew-I am a christian and need to believe like one.

Luke 1:14 NKJV "And you will have joy and gladness and many will rejoice at his birth." I am claiming the first part of the scripture, because this is a promise from God delivered by an angel of the Lord, to a man that had followed all commanded to him by the Torah, but had no children.
Luke 1:17 NKJV "He will also go before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, 'to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children' and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just, to make ready a people prepared for the Lord." This is who I am suppose to be, a people made ready for the Lord. and this is whom I am suppose to be a people that is turning hearts of the fathers to the children and the disobedient to the wisdom of the just.

Father , I want a gentler and kinder spirit that what I have shown, and Father I know that the minute I ask for this that You are going to present me with chances to show that kinder spirit to others, and that my true heart will be revealed and that I will fail, then I can come and say Father I screwed up, and if you do not step in and show me the way to a kinder way a gentler way that I will do it again. Did I just say that show me the way? Look Father I am learning a small minute way already. Show me your ways Father, I love you. Father, show me how to release the Holy Spirit in my life so that He fills me from head to toe. Thank you Father, I ask this in Jesus name Amen.

No comments: