Sunday, July 20, 2008

What is your most prized possession

My daughters have taught me a lot over the last week or so. And one thing that I have seen that they both have in common, is their marriages. Both of the girls told me that their most prized possession is their marriage. Wow, to hear the same thing from two very different people.. If I ask my married friends this question, I would probably receive the same answer from them also.


So what is my most prized possession? Honest answer, don't know.


My gut/heart response should be my salvation. I was purchased with a price. A life was given, so that mine was spared. What pretty words. And they are just words, because they are not being walked out in my life.



We guard what we value the most. We protect what we don't want stolen. And we reflect what we are closest to.


Oh, I can and do reach into my closet, and pull out the "spiritual suit" and put it on when the situation calls for, but I don't "wear" it 24/7. Because it is not my most prized possession, and it doesn't always fit where I am going or doing.


My heavenly Father is not my FATHER, He is...my father. My God is not the King of the Universe. Jesus is not my SAVIOR, He is...the savior. Yes, I do believe that Jesus is the living Son of God, that He lived, was crucified, died, and was rasied from the dead, and now is at the right hand of the Father, and that He did it just for me.


I know that when I die, I will go to be with the Lord, but am I living this truth out in my life?


I want easy, but God is not in the easy, He is in the hard.


My life is self centered and not God centered.


I see others that God is their most prized possession, and I think I want that, but am I willing to pay the price to get it? Not really. I want some one to just pour it all in and it be there. I am not into hard. I am lazy, I want some one else to go get it, then give it to me. And with an attitude like that, my Father, my God whom is my Salvation will not become my most prized possession.


This is not a pity party, this is an honest look at my life and why it is not working.

No comments: