Saturday, May 9, 2009

Whole Heart Faith Day 3

Luke 8: 18 has captured me and I am chewing on it. First part says: Therefore take heed how you hear. The word that I am stumbling over or having trouble with is how. This is an option word. You ask people how was your meal, how was your day, and how do you like your steak cooked. You make a choice. So how do you choose how you listen? With your head or with your heart? With ears wide open, or eyes wide shut. Then once you choose how you listen, you have to decide what you are going to do with it after that.

I have been avidly following the India Compassion Bloggers, almost to the point of stalking. Anne Jackson on her blog wrote an entry called "So whatcha gonna do?" In this entry Anne writes about the origins of Compassion International, and the tag line to the founder was "now that you've seen what you've seen, what are you going to do about it".

I think this applies very nicely to Luke 8:18 where Jesus says "Therefore take heed how you hear. Now that I've heard what I've heard, what am I going to do about it? Am I going to believe it all from Genesis to Revelation, and attempt to walk it out in my day to day, growing and changing, to allow God to renew not only my mind but my attitude. Or am I going to say I hear, I believe, and I have your number in case I need you. I have to be honest and admit I have done more of the latter, and am discovering that as a result of this choice my life is not running as smoothly as it could. So I have jumped on board with Leigh at Speaking Thru Me Ministries on this Whole Heart Faith. And believing that as I choose how I listen, that God will grow me into a child worthy to be called His.

Side note here. I am a West Texas girl, so I call meditating on the Word, chewing the cud. Interestingly enough, animals that chew the cud are called ruminants, and are said to ruminate, which also means to ponder or think upon. Now if I could just learn to be still and at rest while I chew, I would be doing good.

Leigh thank you so much for being obedient and taking us on this journey with you. I know that it is day by day, and will not end in a month or two.

No comments: