Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Whole Heart Faith Week 1

Leigh over at Speaking Thru Me has started what she calls Whole Heart Faith. This is based on I Samuel 7:2-4 and 6-12.

If you have never met Leigh or you are wondering what this is about you can go here to find out what started this, and then go here to see what her week one is. Dori is also pursuing Whole Heart Faith and you can go here to see what she is doing. Denise is also choosing to pursue God and you can go here to read her post.

Leigh and Denise are chunking their weight, and Dori is choosing to let go of idleness in favor of spending time with God and in pursuits He chooses.

Me, I could kick either one of these off the throne since I bow to both, but I think where God is calling me is my self-centeredness. Oh, I can throw on the spiritual suit and look goood. I will bankrupt myself to assist others, especially my kids. And when the mood strikes and the Holy Spirit knocks me to my knees, I can pray for others. But to come before my Father and say this ain't working, I can't or rather won't do. I had much rather wade around in the shallows, then climb out, step back, run fast, and jump as far as I can into the deep things of God. And you know what's so funny is that I have been there. I let God have so much control, that I would stand in my closest and ask Him what I was going to wear that day. But I let p-r-i-d-e get between us, I got to the point that I thought I was the only one righteous...got slapped down, and instead of getting up and going ok, I need to work on that, I turned and walked off. Now I want to come back with my whole heart, , rid myself of foreign gods and idols, to commit myself to the Lord, and to serve only Him.

So I need you to pray for me, as I pray for you. To be honest with me, and to believe that slowly step by step this is doable.

Father God I ask that you show me how to set aside myself and to choose You. Father, I come before You with my whole heart asking, no begging that You draw me to You. That You become the LORD in my life, that I will fall head over heels in love with Jesus, and that I learn to lean all my weight on You. More than anything else Father I need the courage to take that leap into the deep end, knowing that You will be there to catch me. Father watch over each of us as we work to toss idols and foreign gods out of our lives. Strengthen us for this battle, be our shield. Let all that we do bring glory to You, and point not to ourselves but to You. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

2 comments:

Denise said...

You will be in my prayers dear.

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

hey sweet friend!!! I love you so!! Thank you for your honesty and vuneralbility!!! (i need spell check) I praying you thru this and I am confident you are praying me thru too! You are so Faithful!!!

Thank you and keep pressing on!! Love, Leigh