Friday, October 17, 2008

God is so Good

Please continue to pray for the 1891 women who have shared their lost of either a pregnancy or infant death. These ladies need us covering them in prayer.

Our church praise band played at a class barbecue this evening. This was a senior adult class. I went along, because Rusty plays with the band, but does not drive. It was my honor and privilege to be allowed to wait on these men and women of God. I call them the "E F Hutton" of our Churches. Do you remember the old E F Hutton adds where then tag line was "When E F Hutton speaks everybody listens"? These men and women spend hours on their knees lifting us up before the throne. They are not the ones that are the most out spoken, or involved in everything going on in a body of believers, but when they pray, God listens. They are what is holding our churches together. They have learned the power of prayer, and are not afraid to use it. Yet if you try and complement them on it, they duck their heads and say they are not doing anything special. I am where I am because I had a grandmother that prayed over me, a mother in law that prays over us, and men and women that I will never meet this side of heaven, that have prayed over me as well.

So the next time you are in the presence of the men and women, give them a hug and thank them for being the prayer warriors they are. Don't forget they need our prayers as much as we need theirs.

In Him,
Sallye

No comments: