Friday, October 3, 2008

I have been rearranging


I have been rearranging some things on my blog. I glanced at my profile when I moved it, and realized that I forgot to share mine and Rusty's anniversary. I didn't forget to tell him. But I forgot to post on Wednesday, that we have been married 26 years. I have been sitting and thinking about these years, and my first thought is where did they go, we just got married a couple of years ago.

I remember an August evening, we were at a bar dancing, and I looked at him and ask "What would you do if I told you that I am falling in love with you?" He replied "fall right back."

We married in October and never looked back.

This is the man that introduced me to Jesus, took my child from my first marriage and claim her as his own.

We have been through rough and easy. And ya know now, when I sit and look back. The rough times have been some of the best. God has carried us as a man carries his son. God has in some of the rough times gotten it down to where it was just me, Rusty, and God. Those were the best, when you don't have anyone but your spouse and God...Let me just say it's a time of growth and clinging.

He's not perfect, and I thank God, because perfect would not suit me. But I can promise you that Rusty is one of the greatest gifts I have ever received from God, and like I tell Rusty, I couldn't have done better, if I had gone to the factory and designed him myself.

Thanks Honey, you are my best friend, and the love of my life.

Rusty's wife.

No comments: