Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I AM ..so you don't have to be Online Bible Study by Lisa The Preacher's Wife

I AM - Your Beauty

Just In Time Acts 7:17-20

Here are some Burning Questions I would like for you to consider in response to what God is showing us in these Scriptures:

1. Are there any circumstances or relationships in your life where you can see God has intentionally placed you? What do you perceive may be at stake if you do or do not speak out for Him?
Yes, there are two ladies in my life right now, one purchased fire insurance years ago and is very unhappy with her life. The other is a very active christian lady that is struggling with her marriage. Neither have peace in their lives. Sadly I have not spoken boldy enough to friend A, I have attempted to ease in that direction, but she just doesn't want to hear it so I am going to have to improve my walk and let it be the light.

2. Can you honestly describe yourself as a woman with a 'yes' in her spirit? If not, what keeps you from this?
No, I am what is keeping me from saying yes. I am my own stumbling block.

3. Do you recognize any circumstances in your life which could be described as an 'unrecurring event'? Have you ever said 'no' to one and watched God use someone else instead?
No, I have had my head to the ground and my ears pluged for the past 10 to 15 years.

4. Are you in an emotionally and spiritually healthy place? If yes, how are you using this freedom to minister to others? If no, what do you feel is holding you in your Egypt?
No I am not emotionally and spiritually in a healthy place. I would like to blame everyone around me, but I can't it is all on me and my refusal to bend to God..stiff necked to the max, but willing to change.

I like what Lisa said about not being an accident, but born for a reason, to serve a purpose. Sometimes I get so hung up in me, that I for get I am not the only one on the planet and that the world does not revolve around Sallye.

I have not been to Mt. Nebo in Egypt, but I have swam in the Dead Sea and stared up at the Mount and realized that is where Moses stood and saw all of Israel. WOW is all you can say.

2 comments:

Lisa @ The Preacher's Wife said...

I really enjoyed reading your honest responses.

And, I have to admit, I'm a little jealous you've swam in the Dead Sea. That is my DREAM vacation..

Nerdy huh?? :))

Michelle V said...

Sallye,

Thank you for doing this with me! I posted my responses to lesson 1. I really admire your honesty! In reading your responses another person came to mind that is probably my biggest potential but also the most difficult, and that is my ex husband. So many times God will put it on my heart to be His love and His light to this man, but then I get there and he just frustrates me beyond belief and I end up acting exactly how I was NOT going to act! So, I know that I need to work on being a better positive influence there!

Michelle