Saturday, May 17, 2008

Things to Ponder

I was reading the smithscooptexas.blogspot.com sight this morning. Gavin 3 year old with cancer got to go home from the hospital today, second round of Chemo.
Got to thinking about the unfairness that a 3 year old has a scar from ear to ear. No 3 year old should have their head cracked open like an egg! Then God reminded me that my Rusty has baseball scars. Two scars on either side of his head that run from the back of the ear up over the top of the head to the top of his forehead the makes a slight turn back toward the ear. Looks like a baseball. And that these were done at 6 months and 1 year. The top of his spinal cord did not close like it was suppose to causing spinal fluid to flow into the brain, and optic sac at the base of the skull causing damage to the eyes, resulting in him being legally blind. It has taken nearly 40 years and him going bald to make peace with those scars. We have been married for 26 years and I remember when I would push his hair back and he would shake my hand off because he didn't want me to see the scars. Father I don't know where you are going with this, but I wrote it down so you could work with it.

No comments: