Tuesday, May 27, 2008

I Am so you don't have to be Lesson 6

I Am so you don't have to be online bible study.
Lesson six West Side of the Wilderness
Key Scriptures
Exodus 3:1-9
Acts 7:30-35
There is so much good in this lesson where to start?
I love when Lisa said " Girls, our God is one of present-tense." Wow, at times I feel like I am still trying to wrap my brain around that statement.
I was taught once that one of the reasons that God commanded that Moses take his sandals off was because the sandal was made of leather which is flesh, and that God wanted Moses to step out of the flesh and into the spirit to worship and be with God, which is basically what God tells us today.
The statement that Lisa made "God allows dialogue but never disagreement where His will is concerned." Is right smack in the middle of where I am. I am in disagreement with God about His Will, I think that I can hang on to the old and grasp the new all with the same hand, and this is not doable. To grab hold of God you have to have empty hands, and if you are hanging on...well, Beth Moore taught once about the prodigal son, and used the scripture stating that all the plantings that are not of the Lord will be pulled up by the root. I am hanging on to my root, rotten ugly thing that it is, it's comfortable, familiar, and known. Where God is calling me is unknown, not familiar, and not comfortable at first. I have to learn to trust God more than I trust myself, and the world. And the sad thing is God has never ever done anything to cause me not to trust Him. The lies of the enemy are hard at work.
Whenever I see some one in the Bible say "Here I am" I always think of young Samuel, and him hearing God calling him three times, and poor old Eli knowing that God was calling Samuel instead of him. This was a young man that "The Word of the Lord" had not yet been revealed to I Samuel 3:7.
Moses and Samuel are very alike in that they both were called of God for a reason and a season.
Then Lisa wrote "God was extending an invitation to start over, be clean, and to be used of Him to work His wonders and spread His fame. It was time for Moses to lay aside the prince and the shepherd as well as any other pre-conceived idea of how he would bring about Israel's rescue and become the God-defined deliverer he was born to be."
How simple that this is what God wants to do with me to start over, but I keep bringing the luggage. I am learning when you travel with God you have to travel light.

Discussion Questions.
1. How current is your God? Is he up to date on all your issues or do you have old hurts you still hold behind your back?
Yes I do have old hurts that I am hiding behind my back. Sad thing is just like a kid caught with something he/she is not suppose to have, I think that God can't see it.
2. Has the enemy ever told you there are situations that are 'old news' that are better left stuffed down? Or perhaps because they were so long ago they can't possibly be affecting you now?
Yep, and I just wrote about one of them a couple of lessons ago.
3. In the matter of established authority, does God truly reign in your life? Where are you when He calls your name?
God is not in control of my life. He will not let me see the map or the plan! I do not do well on the need to know basis. I need to know all the steps and plans so I can put my stamp of approval on it, then mess it up and blame it on God like Adam tried to.
4. Do you ever feel God has forgotten you in your 'west side of the wilderness'?
Oh, no God has not forgotten me, I have forgotten him. I wandered over here all by myself.
5. Have you ever experienced a time of cleansing where God has illuminated and rejuvenated you? If not, do you find you are in need of this now?
Yes, I am in need of a cleansing and rejuvenation. One day I am going to get brave enough to stand up and say Do me Lord just start where ever You want and redo, rearrange, and rewire me.

3 comments:

Michelle V said...

Sallye,

It's so hard to let go, isn't it! I have such a hard time with this as well. And the thing is that I WANT to let go of it and live in victory! I think it's a combination of believing the enemy's lies, and just plain old habit. Gosh, I've carried that around for so many years that I feel naked without it. Praise God He's not finished with us yet!

Blessings!
Michelle

GammySel said...

Sallye-

I could not help but giggle abit, not at your circumstance but how truthful and bold your words are!

Thank you for your inspiration and how refreshing you are!

Keep trucking forward.. if not Michelle V and I will have to start pulling you!!! ;-)

Angie

Bethany said...

"One day I am going to get brave enough to stand up and say Do me Lord just start where ever You want and redo, rearrange, and rewire me."

Isn't that the scariest/most wonderful thought in the whole wide world?

Have you heard the monkey hunting analogy?

I feel as silly as a monkey when I look back at what I've been holding on to.

Thank you for your visit to my blog and your kind words, they came at the perfect moment. =)