Friday, June 6, 2008

First Things First

Well my Father opened a door and I walked through it.

Missy from It's almost nap time was so kind to send me the name of a book that she used to help with the issue of Heart Based Discipline it is "Conversation Peace" by Mary Kassian.

I told Missy that I would order the book and get started ASAP, and that I was hoping she would stay on my bumper about this.

As I have been seeking God in this, He has very clearly stated the first thing that has to be dealt with, is that I have to learn my place, meaning that I have been stealing His Glory. Yep you read it correctly I have been taking the glory when it should have gone to Him. In doing this I have made me more important than Him. So one of the first things I am going to have to learn is that there is no I in God. God has made this person very aware of how often the use of first person pronouns leave my lips.

Step 1 Identify the sin
So the sin has been identified:
BOASTING

Step 2 What does the Bible say about my actions:

James 4:13-17
13 Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will to to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit",
14 whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away.
15 Instead you ought to say "If the Lord wills, we shall live and do this or that".
16 But now you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.
17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.

Step 3 How could I have handled the situation better?

Psalms 34:2 My soul shall boast in the LORD; the humble shall hear of it and be glad.
Romans 8:11 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.

Step 4 Repentence

Psalms 44:8 In God we boast all day long, and praise Your name forever. Selah.
Father God, please forgive me for stealing Your Glory. Father I have boasted in self and not in You. Father please change me so that Your Glory is seen in this cracked vessel. Keep my eyes sharp and my mouth humble, so that Your Glory can be seen and shouted from the rooftops.

Step 5 Encouragement
Philippians 4:4-5
5 Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!
6 Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.

Father God, I can not thank you enough for bringing Missy and her devo into my life. Thank you for shining your Holy Spirit on this dark spot, so that it can be dealt with by You and turned and changed to bring Glory to Your Holy Name. Please do not stop even when I holler uncle. I love you God. In Jesus name Amen.

In Him,
Sallye

No comments: