Saturday, June 21, 2008

I AM so you don't have to be and No Other Gods

I am finishing up the Blog Bible study I AM so you don’t have to be by Lisa AKA the Preacher’s Wife, and beginning No Other Gods by Kelly Minter.

The ending of one and the beginning of the other are walking hand in hand in dealing with issues in my life. Lisa made a statement in Lesson 14 “Let's set up today's Lesson. In Exodus 6, Moses has gone to Pharaoh to ask for the Israelite's release. Instead of freedom, Pharaoh increased their labor unmercifully.” I am finding that as God is working to make me let go of my “pharaohs” that instead of freedom, I become bound more tightly to them. Why? Could it be that just like the Hebrew children, that I do moan and groan under the “pharaoh”, but when shown how to live without them, I get scared, because God is taking what has basically become my reality or my identity, and saying “Here Sallye let me relive that and give you this.” The first step I am finding is changing my attitude. Even if I am saying with my mouth “Please God come set me free”, if I am not saying the same in my heart, I will not allow God to change me. It’s all about getting to the bottom of the barrel, and finally giving it over to God. Words can be written on a page that announce this, but until my heart is crying out to God, change can not and will not happen. Now all I have to do is move this from head knowledge to heart knowledge.

I am going to let God pull up all the plantings that are not of Him (Matthew 15:13 Amped) He answered, Every plant which My heavenly Father has not planted will be torn up by the roots.
And I am going to live Isaiah 60:21 Amped Your people also shall all be [uncompromisingly and consistently] righteous; they shall possess the land forever, the branch of My planting, the work of My hands, that I may be glorified.

I am going to listen to my Father tell my pharaohs. “Let my Sallye go” And when He turns to me and says “Sallye open your hand and let it go” I am going to look up to Him and open my hand and not even look at what is falling away.

Wow. Father I love you, and I come before you and ask that You come and You do a work in this child that has not acted like Your child. Father God You are I AM, You are the creator of the universe. You are able to handle this. Father I lift a hand to you, while the other holds tightly to my pharaohs, and I ask that You show me how to let go of all of the things that You are asking that I do. Father please come and prune, cut, and pull up anything in this life that does not glorify You. Father please hold me as You do this. Thank you that Your Word promises that You will bind up the broken hearted. Father I give you all the glory and praise. Please forgive me when I yell it hurts, it’s painful, and it’s uncomfortable. Father please restore to me the joy of my salvation. Father, I want to love You whole heartedly. In Jesus name, Amen

No comments: