Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I AM so you don't have to be Lesson 8

I AM Bible Study Lesson Eight Instrument of Wonders

Key Verses:

"That they may believe that the Lord, the God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob has appeared to you." Exodus 4:5

"I have written to you fathers, because you know Him who has been from the beginning. I have written to you young men, because you are strong, and the Word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the evil one." 1 John 2:14

This is a good lesson, and has really touched some things deep inside.

God re-introduced Himself to Moses as 'I AM' or 'Yahweh', a Name of God that had not yet been revealed to the children of Israel. By giving Himself this memorial name, God forever established His faithfulness to His covenant people in times past, present, and future.

What a promise there is in this statement! I just have to stop for a minute and take it in. I, Sallye King by my faith in Christ Jesus am one of His covenant people!

Then Lisa wrote this statement;

When asking ourselves, 'Who am I?', be certain the answer is bound in the heart of Christ. He is everything we can not be and sufficient to fill every needy place. He is beautiful, all-knowing, strong, self-assured, and so much more so we do not have to be! When our lives are entertwined with His Spirit, we will never have to long to be more than we are, for HE IS. Praise Him!

I so want this to be the cry of my heart, I don't want God to be ashamed of me, or me ashamed of all I am not, and in turn be so unable to lift me head before my Father.

Lisa made a statement that really struck home with me;

There comes a time when it is necessary to overcome our fear, stop wallowing in misery, and embrace the experiences of our lives for what they are - a tool for the wonders of God. Why? 'So they will believe God appeared to you'.

So many Christians today are so focused on themselves, that they can't see God, or the good He is trying to bring about.

I to am a very visual learner, God taught me long ago when we are going through the valley, that the trials are wells we are digging for those who come after us to drink from. So dig good wells!

Discussion Questions:

1. Have you ever been in a situation where you had to 'go back' to a place of shame or ridicule? How did that make you feel?
Yes, I had been a pain in the sit upon to several people in a department I worked in. After my Walk to Emmaus, I had to go back and apologize to each one and ask for their forgiveness. Very humbling. Sad thing is I didn't allow God to change me so I am in a new department with the same ole attitude.

2. Is there any circumstance in your life that still has you running for cover? Share if you feel comfortable.
Many, what you see is not a prime example of a christian walk. I have hurt and abused many people, and to think of it, still brings tears to my eyes and hurt to my heart.

. When is the last time you felt like an overcomer?
December 1997, First breast biopsy and My Father in Law had gone into afflatic shock and been clinically dead for 8 minutes, I have never in my life walked in the kind of overcoming peace as I did that Christmas.

4. If you have not yet taken the serpent by the tail, are you willing to stop running, take hold and trust God to transform it into a tool for wonders?
Would be real nice to be able to shout YES, but I can't. I am still holding on to the old with both hands.

5. I would like for you to write down this statement based on 1 John 2:14 somewhere you will see it often this week: "I am strong, the Word of God abides in me, and I have overcome the evil one." Memorize it. Say it over and over until you believe it. Will you do this?? Most of the time, there are no right or wrong answers, but on this one, I'm expecting a 'yes'!

Yes I will.

Good Lesson! Lots to think on.

Thank you Lisa.

No comments: